Monday, June 11, 2007

Dazzling Daiso and Delicious Dim Sum

Best weekend ever! Well, maybe not ever, but it was a pretty great weekend filled with lots of knitting and great people, so it was right up there. Friday night I hit up Beckett's Irish Pub with Kate and co. and I think we have officially become old women as we just wished that darned-musician-would-turn-his-music-down-so-we-could
converse-like-civilized-people-gosh-darnit. But it was a great time

Then Saturday was the long awaited and much anticipated Daiso and Dim Sum adventure in Daly City, hosted by the ultra-hip knit-one-one. Here are some photos of the excitiement at Daiso, "Japan's No.1 Livingware Store."


Kate admires all the possibilities in the "Household Platsics" room

Shaleece debates just how many things she needs for only $1.50 each

The Queen Bee herself wasn't messing around - she found a lot of good deals, but it's ok they were "for the business"

After making hundreds of really important decisions over which knick-knacks we needed, we headed over to Koi Palace for a well-deserved lunch. This was my first Dim Sum experience, and although I happily ate everything put in front of me, I'm glad I wasn't sitting on the end of the table where the decisions were to be made. I don't think that's an experience for amateurs.


We ended the day with a trip to a knitting store in South San Francisco, Cottage Yarns. Obviously one can't go on a knitting field trip and not buy any yarn, so I had to get two balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran which I've already knit up into a wonderful hat.


The finished hat:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa, you are fast! great hat! is it for you?

Sorry I missed the outing, definitely let us know when another one is happening so we can put it on our calendars!

Also, please do the meme--7 random things about you! I'm waiting...

Jennifer said...

Wow, good work on the hat! Verrry impressive! I'll have to take a class from you on how to do fair isle!

speedyneedlefreeman said...

that hat is wonderful!!! and not pansy at all!! many you sure are a great knitter and pretty good at hiding it! he he he

Sile Convery said...

that hat is fabulous Ms Carrie! And I love all the photos of our outing. Makes me want to do it again---which "our public" has been asking forI might say---maybe the Fall---what do you think?