Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Out and About

Wow, this has been a great week. Friday I got to do the Oakland Art Murmur, Saturday I got to sit outside and listen to great music at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park and Sunday I got to take a class on color with Ms PunkRawkPurl (aka Tammy) at knit-one-one. Whew! I'm beside myself with satisfaction.

Tammy's class was rad. I always have a great time at knit-one-one but this was a different sort of class and I wasn't sure what to expect. Tammy made us think outside our favorite colors and play with new color combinations. She wanted us to pick out a color we would never knit with - this wasn't hard for me as one of my least favorite colors is currently one of Tammy's favs - ochre. (it just looks like baby poo to me) but then I started picking out things that could go with it, and I came up with this interesting combination:


I think it might actually make a pretty dashing sweater for a certain one-year-old that I know for Christmas. Elaine thinks it would make a darling "church-sweater," and luckily his parents are church-goers.

In other excitement, some of you may know that I've been working on becoming a yarn sales representative for some time and I'm finally getting out on the road. I've been toying with how I can comment on these adventuress on my blog because although I'm going to have some excellent insights on shops in Northern California and will get to see a lot of rad shops, I'm just not sure if there's a conflict of interest in me posting about the shops I sell to. Maybe if I just accentuate the positives everywhere I go?

I'd love to hear what you all think about my shop-blogging quandary!

1 comment:

kimchi said...

hm...the yarn shop stuff i'll email you about bc that is definitely a sensitive topic. especially in the blogosphere.
re:the color choices, it just looks soooo great!!! :o)
i can't wait to see how the sweater knits up!!!