Saturday, May 26, 2007

Knitting for Others - February


February's fabulous Knitting for Others project at Article Pract was The Mother Bear Project. The Mother Bear Project is a "non-profit group dedicated to providing comfort and hope to children, primarily those affected by HIV/AIDS in emerging nations, by giving them a gift of love in the form of hand-knit and crocheted bears."

This has been my favorite project so far. Not only was it fun to see my own bear come to shape from the scraps of yarn I used, but when I finally dropped my bear off at the donations bin in the front of Article Pract, I got to steal a peak at all the wonderfully different bears the other knitters had created. It's amazing how different each bear looked even though they were from the same pattern and supposedly on the same size needles. I can't wait to finish all my other projects (yeah right) so I can make some more...!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So cute! I love the pink/red pants!