Monday, January 22, 2007

Uncovering the scene

I'm on a quest to uncover as many tunnels in the underground knitting scene as possible this winter, here's what I've done so far.

1. Found two new yarn stores in my area
2. Attended classes at one yarn store and two knitting studios
3. Joined a knit-a-long
4. Attended a "magical mystery knitting party"
5. Joined a local knitting group recruiting members on craigslist (although it's not so much of a group as me and one young man - I haven't ruled it out as his pick-up tool).
6. Attended a charity knitting event (the red scarf project - so far I have two done)
7. Attended my first yarn tasting
8. Knitted 1 baby sweater, 3 pairs of baby booties, 3 hats, 1 pair of mittens, 1 wine tote, and 3 scarves.
9. Joined my first knitting swap!!!!

Who knows what will be next... Will I attend Stitches West?

No comments: